Sanghas Supporting Refugees

David Flint

Dear Friends,
I am passing on this email request from 'Sanghas Supporting Refugees' from Riverside Sangha member Noellle King ---Noelle is involved with the 'Sanghas Supporting Refugees' campaign described below--as are several other practitioners in our NYC Sanghas.

Take care,
David Flint

-

Compassionate Action: Sanghas Supporting Refugees’ Campaign to Resettle a Newly Arriving Family

A grassroots team of local volunteers has formed Sanghas Supporting Refugees to resettle a refugee family escaping violence, persecution and hardship. We ask you to support this compassionate action at a critical moment as refugees continue arriving in the New York City area.

Sanghas Supporting Refugees’ project will be guided by HIAS, the global Jewish nonprofit that has protected refugees for more than 140 years. HIAS offers a proven framework with five pathways to welcome refugees, help them integrate into their communities, and build new lives. Our Sanghas Supporting Refugees project volunteers will facilitate each pathway—housing, health, education, employment and community connections—to help a refugee family plant their feet on local soil.

HIAS requests that we raise up to $40,000 to support a refugee family.

Your tax deductible donation will be doubled—a generous donor has offered to match donations one-to-one up to $20,000.

Your Support Assists Refugees

Because Sanghas Supporting Refugees operates free of administrative and overhead costs, 100% of your donation will go to supporting refugees. Your contribution will make a real difference for a refugee family by providing them with paid rent, food, and other necessities of living.

Please donate any amount to support this compassionate work. Click on the link to give:

https://villagezendo.org/sanghas-supporting-refugees/

Most of our volunteers come from a wide range of Buddhist groups throughout the area. The Village Zendo, a 501(c)3 charity, is our fiscal sponsor. We also have many non-Buddhist volunteers and welcome everyone’s participation.

If you do not have resources to contribute financially, please help us to spread the word about our project.

With palms together in gratitude, and one with all beings, the Sanghas Supporting Refugees team appreciates your generosity (dana).

Chad DeChant and Maya Petrovic

Co-Chairs, Sanghas Supporting Refugees

For more information email sanghassupportingrefugees@...