Wake Up New York (https://wakeupnewyork.org/) is a group of young meditation practitioners who get together to create a joyful space of refuge in NYC. We are inspired by the teachings of Zen Master, poet and peace activist -- Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay), and use his guidance to develop our mindfulness and meditation practice in the Plum Village tradition. We are the New York chapter of Wake Up International (https://wkup.org/about/) following the Five Mindfulness Trainings passed unto us by our teacher Thich Nhat Hanh and the foundation (https://thichnhathanhfoundation.org/).
To practice in community is a great gift. As a Community of Mindfulness we support each other in cultivating mindfulness and the capacity to embody and offer love in our daily lives: for ourselves, our families, friends and co-workers, and for the well-being of our society and our planet. All of our activities and gatherings are grounded in the practices of mindfulness, conscious breathing and sitting and walking meditation.
This group is for the purpose of sharing information about the activities of our Community and other information related to the Plum Village Community of Engaged Buddhism and Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 122 Members
- 37 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of CMNY.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.